How to get found on the first page of Google? It’s what we all aspire to, right?
In this episode, I interview Meg Clarke the founder of Clapping Dog Media helps creative entrepreneurs and personal brands get found online with smart SEO strategies.
Meg shares exactly how to get found in Google with the right search engine optimization (SEO) tips we can use in our content, blog and website.
[01:32] Why we should not fear SEO
[02:22] Meg’s back story
[05:48] Where does one start on SEO?
[12:25] Top strategies in creating content
[17:26] SEO Tools
[20:54] The minimum viable thing that you can get from your own platform
[23:44] Tips for LinkedIn SEO
[25:21] 3 key takeaways for SEO
● “When creating content, make it skimmable because people don’t spend a lot of time on every site. The average time spent on a page is twelve seconds. Like my goodness, it’s really hard to get people engaged and involved and to even remember you in only twelve seconds.” (12:43-13:07)
● “No one wants to read. You know layers and layers. White space is your friend.” (13:44-13:48)
● “We can be tremendous, and LinkedIn take back and screw whatever, get all the views, get all the stuff, but at the end of the day we want them on your site, and there’s a lot of people who are getting fantastic engagement, but at the end of the day, what are you getting to your site? Are you getting a conversion? I mean, we’re not just doing social media for Vanity Metrics here? “(20:17-20:43)
Connect with Meg Clarke
● LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/clappingdogmedia/
● Website: email@example.com
Connect with Michelle Griffin, Personal Brand Strategist/Founder, BRANDthority:
- Website: YourBrandYourBusiness.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michellebgriffin/
Get active on LinkedIn: Join The #365 Creators, my community of 900+ global professionals supporting one another as we create content, connection, and community on LinkedIn. Join us as we ramp up our personal brands, create engaging content, expand our connections, and build meaningful communities on LinkedIn. Join here: The365Creators.com
#personalbranding #personalbrand #personalbrandingcoach #personalbrandconsultant #personalbrandstrategist #linkedin #solopreneur #entpreneur #thoughtleader #corporate