I interview Jim James, founder of the international public relations agency, East-West PR, and the host of the Unnoticed Podcast. He is all about getting leaders, entrepreneurs, and personal brands noticed with this Active Communication Index.
[01:40] Importance of getting noticed
[03:21] Mistakes people make by not going noticed
[11:24] 3 key takeaways for people wanting to get noticed.
● “The first thing that people look for is the quality and the integrity of the founder because when we’re a start-up, we don’t have all the backing of maybe venture capital, a big brand, or even a history that would reassure potential customers or potential employees or partners to work with them. So the personal brand carries the business for that first, I would say twelve to eighteen months, while the organization is getting established in the marketplace.” (02:05-02:32)
● “Someone who produces consistent, innovative content. Those are the people that everybody goes to.” (09:38-09:45)
● “Content doesn’t have to be expensive, but it does have to be ideally original or interesting, creating content.” (11:53-12:00)
● “The rule of thumb is to be consistent rather than frequent, which is why, in my ACI, when I said at twelve and at six, it’s consistent and inconsistent, it’s not frequent and infrequent, and there’s a key difference there.” (13:25-13:41)
Connect with Jim James
● LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesjim/
● Website: http://www.eastwestpr.com
Connect with Michelle Griffin, Personal Brand Strategist/Founder, BRANDthority:
- Website: YourBrandYourBusiness.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michellebgriffin/
Get active on LinkedIn: Join The #365 Creators, my community of 900+ global professionals supporting one another as we create content, connection, and community on LinkedIn. Join us as we ramp up our personal brands, create engaging content, expand our connections, and build meaningful communities on LinkedIn. Join here: The365Creators.com
#personalbranding #personalbrand #personalbrandingcoach #personalbrandconsultant #personalbrandstrategist #linkedin #solopreneur #entpreneur #thoughtleader #corporate