“There’s no real competition when you’re being your true self. There’s no one else like you in the world or in your industry,” shares Scarlette Acevedo, an executive stress coach specializing in burnout prevention and high performance. In today’s episode, Scarlette discusses how to prioritize your mental health and lower your stress levels while growing your personal brand.
Social media has changed how humans interact with each other. It’s important to remember that we are all still humans and not machines. By setting boundaries and putting your mental health first, you can make a positive impact on your work environment. Instead of aiming for unachievable perfection, be yourself and embrace what makes you unique.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Business of You for a conversation with host Michelle Griffin and special guest Scarlette Acevedo about how to embrace your true self, set healthy boundaries, and prioritize your mental wellbeing.
• “I call myself The Good Rebel because I go against the status quo. The status quo in the self-destructive conditioning that we’ve received in our respective industries about mental health, about showing any vulnerability, and about working hard. That conditioning has actually fostered a very toxic, unhealthy environment for us to work in which has affected us at all levels in our lives.” (2:49-3:22)
• “There might be a lot of leaders with the same title in the same industry. But there is no one like you. There’s no one who feels things like you. That’s what makes you unique. You build your own mindset in life and your own mindset is what drives what you do.” (4:52-5:15)
• “Ask yourself a simple question, ’what would it take for me to feel more peace and to find my work more meaningful each day without the extreme stress?’” (8:02-8:18)
• “We really need to remember that we’re humans. We’re not machines, we’re humans. And we need to communicate and relate as humans and not machines or phones.” (13:55-14:04)
• “You don’t need to justify yourself with anyone. It’s your mental health and you have every right to actually prioritize it. If you don’t, no one else will.” (14:23-14:32)
• “Before a title, you’re a human being.” (15:33-15:35)
• “There has to be a balance between visibility and privacy. As long as visibility is truthful and meaningful, that’s what matters.” (20:31-20:42)
• “There’s no real competition when you’re being your true self. There’s no one else like you in the world or in your industry. They might be sharing your same clients, your same audience, but they’re not you. When you are your true self, you’re actually unique.” (26:12-26:33)
• “When you know what your uniqueness is, you’ll find the right balance between visibility and privacy. Being visible means that you’re sharing things that are meaningful to others that will help them in one way or another.” (26:42-27:20)
• “Your post, your podcast, your audio message can be exactly what someone needs that day. You have no idea the positive impact that you can have on someone. So, just be your true self and no one else.” (28:37-28:58)
Connect with Scarlette Acevedo:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/thegoodrebel/
• Website: https://thegoodrebel.net/
Connect with Michelle Griffin, Personal Brand Strategist/Founder, BRANDthority:
• Website: YourBrandYourBusiness.com
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michellebgriffin/
• Get active on LinkedIn: Join The #365 Creators, my community of 900+ global professionals supporting one another as we create content, connection, and community on LinkedIn. Join us as we ramp up our personal brands, create engaging content, expand our connections, and build meaningful communities on LinkedIn. Join here: The365Creators.com
#personalbranding #personalbrand #personalbrandingcoach #personalbrandconsultant #personalbrandstrategist #linkedin #solopreneur #entpreneur #thoughtleader #corporate