“I think that personal branding has given me an avenue to spread the word and create awareness for what I’m doing,” explains Stacey Danheiser, founder of Shake Marketing Group. In today’s episode Michelle and Stacey talk about how to go from being a successful corporate leader to building a successful personal brand based on your expertise.
Stacey spent years working in marketing for both B2C and B2B companies for years before making the transition to entrepreneurship. Realizing her extensive experience in marketing, Stacey decided to build her personal brand based on her expertise. Shifting into the personal branding space has increased opportunities for Stacey she never would have imagined. Since starting her brand, Stacey has had the opportunity to expand her network, appear on podcasts, and speak at events. By promoting her business and her personal brand separately, Stacey has been able to double her marketing reach.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Business of You for a conversation with host Michelle Griffin and special guest Stacey Danheiser about the transition from the corporate world to entrepreneurship. Learn more about how to capitalize on your expertise to build a profitable personal brand business.
Quotes with Stacey Danheiser:
• “I got to the point where I questioned what I was doing. I realized that I was selling every single day. And I decided that since I was selling this much internally, I might as well just start my own thing. And that’s what I did. That was the impetus for starting my thing.” (4:16-4:32)
• “What I realized on this journey is that I needed a company brand and I needed a personal brand.” (6:17-6:30)
• “I know that that’s really the next stage. For me, that’s really the breakthrough piece of the business you have, how do you start talking about your internal struggles, and your external struggles, and that’s what connects people because they’re like, “Oh, they’re human, they go through all this stuff.” (14:11-14:26)
• “My mantra is to always be open to learning. When I think of learning, it’s not just consuming information and knowledge, but being able to act on that and experiment. The only way we continue to grow is to realize learning does not stop when school ends. It is a lifelong journey.” (33:32-33:55)
• “I think personal branding has given me an avenue to spread the word and create awareness for what I’m doing.” (20:26-20:32)
Connect with Stacey Danheiser:
- Website: https://shakemktg.com
- Soar Marketing Society: https://www.shakemktg.com/soar
Connect with Michelle Griffin, Personal Brand Strategist/Founder, BRANDthority:
- Website: YourBrandYourBusiness,com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michellebgriffin/
- Get active on LinkedIn: Join the #365 Creators, my community of 800+ global professionals supporting one another as we create content, connection, and community on LinkedIn. Join us as we ramp up our personal brands, create engaging content, expand our connections, and build meaningful communities on LinkedIn
You’ll also receive daily tips on LinkedIn, content creation, and personal branding. NOTE: This is NOT an engagement pod. Join here: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13935427/
#personalbranding #personalbrand #personalbrandingcoach #personalbrandconsultant #personalbrandstrategist #linkedin #solopreneur #entpreneur #thoughtleader #corporate