How do you write a book and self-publish on your own? Publishing a book is a way to one of the best ways to build your brand authority in your niche.
In the second episode on books for personal brands, I interview Joanne Martin, a Sydney-Australia-based book publisher who helps personal brands, thought leaders and entrepreneurs self publish their first book in 90 days.
Joanne has helped numerous books land on best-seller lists and tells me it’s not as hard as you think to get out there. Using your existing content is a key to getting out there fast.
Joanne Martin highlights some great tips on writing a book, formatting, authenticity, book titles, and promotional strategies for self-publish books.
We also discuss how to monetize your book after it’s launched, an important reason a book can lead to lucrative opportunities and visibility.
[01:38] Joanne Martin self-publishing work
[02:27] Where to start in writing a book
[03:54] What a self-publisher does and what to look for
[05:35] Importance of formatting
[06:07] What people overlook while doing self-publishing.
[08:31] Recommendations on Book Title
[11:10] Promotional and marketing for self-publish books
[13:34] How having an audience and community following will help you get that book out there
[15:40] Monetizing a book after it is launched
[17:40] Three key takeaways one should look at when doing self-publishing
[18:54] Professional/personal mantra
- Get a good editor and make sure you have a good design. Do not do that yourself. (05:29-05:33)
- It is ensuring that you are on task and really speaking to your audience in that area that you are writing in (06:48-06:55)
- You really need someone else who will be more critical to have a look at it before you publish, and that’s where the editing helps. (08:01-08:08)
- Be strategic, you don’t want to be spammy, but you are promoting it in different channels spaces to a different audience (12:24-12:33)
- People underestimate the power of social media and where that can take you. (14:05-14:08)
- Trying to copy what someone else has done does not always work.(18:08-18:11)
- Today is the first day of the rest of your life so just start and make it happen. (18:39-18:42)
NOTE: Check out the sister episode on how to write your book in 90-days with book writing coach Diego Pineda.
Connect with Joanne Martin
Connect with Michelle Griffin, Personal Brand Strategist/Founder, BRANDthority
• Website: YourBrandYourBusiness.com
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michellebgriffin/
• Get active on LinkedIn: Join The #365 Creators, my community of 900+ global professionals supporting one another as we create content, connection, and community on LinkedIn. Join us as we ramp up our personal brands, create engaging content, expand our connections, and build meaningful communities on LinkedIn. Join here: The365Creators.com
#personalbranding #personalbrand #personalbrandingcoach #personalbrandconsultant #personalbrandstrategist #linkedin #solopreneur #entpreneur #thoughtleader #bookpublisher #selfpublishing